Explore the big 5 Greater Makalali Nature Reserve on a walking safari with qualified and experienced FGASA
trail guides. Get a once in a life time opportunity to track
big game on foot, for the adventurous you can choose to spend a night sleep under the stars and get that close
to nature African wildlife experience in its rawest format !
- Groups are no more than 8 people and led by two armed and experienced guides.
- Walks either depart directly from Job's halt Lodge or you can be driven to a specific area to walk. The length and duration of the walks can be tailored to your fitness levels.
- Only a day pack is necessary and snacks during the walk.
A typical day begins early with a coffee and rusk, then a morning hike followed by some R&R during the heat of the day either back at camp or under a large tree in the bush.
The rest of the afternoons hike ends at the camp or a vehicle returns you to camp.
You can also request to do all or part of your trail camping in tents or under the stars. We are here to tailor the experience to your adventure level.
- Encounter the Big Five on foot
- Over 340 bird species
- Get a unique life changing life experience
in the wilderness
- 3 days wild-life monitoring experience
- 2 x FGASA Trail Guide Trained Game Rangers